Friday, June 24, 2011

Thank you, thank you, thank you

thankyou by janet_p
thankyou, a photo by janet_p on Flickr.
As my first post here indicated, starting this new endeavor is a dream come true. As such there are more than a few thank you-s that need be acknowledged already. First and foremost I need to thank Bridget (my new studio-mate). She has opened up her studio and her business experience to me in a completely unselfish way. Undoubtedly she's taking a risk, but again and again she has openly answered the questions I've asked, directed me to suppliers and offered me her years of bookbinding experience. Without her, none of this exciting new adventure would be possible.

Secondly I need to thank my family. They are very knowledgeable of my whims... and yet have been nothing but supportive of my decision to take on this new challenge. They've listened and offered advice. All this support has made starting this new business a little less scary.

I also want to thank my friends and co-workers who've also listened and been encouraging. They were also my polling pool for finally nailing down the name of my new business.

There are more thank you-s as well from the woman at the bank who helped me open my new business account, to the authors of the books I've read on the craft business, to my local coffee barista who smiles and asks what's new with the book making. I definitely feel as if the universe is open for me to pursue this and I feel very thankful for all the encouragement.

Currently listening to: Natalie Merchant - Kind & Generous

No comments:

Post a Comment